Leitz 63x/1.3 oil Fluoreszens

Begonnen von Rene, März 07, 2017, 11:34:06 VORMITTAG

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Rene

Hi guys,

Who has experience with this objective, is able to compare it to the equivalent planapos in brightfield?

I'm lucky to have Olympus splanapo optics (including 60x/1.4) at work, but am trying to get my personal Leitz Diavert up to the same standard. I'm afraid the leitz planapo 63 oil is out of my league, but I am open to offers.

Thanks, best wishes,
René

JB

Hi René,

Do you mean the
Leitz 63/1.3 OEL Fluoreszenz
or the
Leica 63x/1.30 Oil ?   ;)

I have tested the 25/0.75 Oel Fluoreszenz and the 50/1.00 W Fluoreszenz. They had excellent resolution and very low spherical aberration, as expected. But they are achromats and have strong colour fringing. Nothing like the PL APO.

I think the (N)PL Fluotar 50/1.00 Oel or the (N)PL Fluotar 100/1.32 Oel would be better choices.

Kind regards,

Jon

Rene

Hi Jon,

No, a 100x will not do on an inverted microscope with lowish condenser aperture. I do have a Leitz 40x oil, so I'm sorted for the 40-50x range. I know there is a 25x/0.75 oil NPL fluotar, I thought (hoped) it would be more or less similar to the Fluoreszenz types. But apparently it is not in the same leaque.

Thanks for the info,
René

rhamvossen

Hi Jon,

ZitatBut they are achromats and have strong colour fringing. Nothing like the PL APO

I have the 50 WI as well and I find it an exellent objective with very little colour fringing. The image of the 50 WI I found nearly as good as that from the NPL Fluotar 50 oil I once had. Best regards,

Rolf