Smith DIC und Diatomeen

Begonnen von anne, Mai 08, 2026, 17:55:55 NACHMITTAGS

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

bill2penn

When the polarizer is set at 0 for maximum extinction, the ICT image is much like a darkfield one. You must rotate the polarizer, one way or the other, to get the 3D-effect of the DIC. I found that if you don't rotate it enough, then you get remnants of the "darkfield" effect. I show two stacked (and unedited) images to illustrate. The first at about 15 degrees rotation, the second at about 40 degrees rotation as shown below, along with the two stacked images. I think the second image is much better. Now I will clean it up.
Bill

bill2penn

And here is the cleaned up version.
Bill

bill2penn

Trigonium taeniatum from William's Bluff Oamaru sample. Stacked image using Leitz NPL Fluotar ICT 40X/0.70.

bill2penn

A perfect Kittonia elaborata from Allan's Farm Oamaru. Stacked image using Leitz NPL Fluotar ICT 40X/0.70 with the waveplate engaged.

Jürgen Boschert

Hi Bill,

delcious, like a decent apricot and strawberry icecream. Really a fantastic image!
Beste Grüße !

JB

deBult

Wow, very nice one (think I give up on trying to take decent pictures myself ::) ).

Thanks for sharing.

Best, Maarten
Reading the German language is OK for me, writing is a different matter though: my apologies.

A few Olympus BH2 and CH2 stands with DIC and phase optics.
I used to say "The correct number of scopes to own is N+1 (With N is the number currently owned)", as a pensioner the target has changed to n-1.

bill2penn

I am such a lucky guy! I found another, less damaged Monopsis mammosa in the Bain's Oamaru sample. I took stacked images using Leitz NPL Fluotar ICT 100X/1.32 at zero degrees (so it looks like darkfield), and about -40 degrees. Using my new Stephan Hiller LED is great!

Greetings,

Bill