Hauptmenü

Steinpilz Sporen *

Begonnen von Leo van Griensven, Oktober 18, 2013, 20:24:24 NACHMITTAGS

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Leo van Griensven

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/leo1502/Plinteuspores2-1.jpgFriends,

It's the time of the year. Boletus edulis is there, in large numbers, ready to be eaten.
I collected a sample of a late developmental stage and made sections of its cap to show pores and spores. Embedding was in Technovit7100. Stained by toluidine blue. The species Boletus edulis belongs to the family of Boletaceae and these are in the order Agaricales where we find almost all generally known mushrooms and toadstools, at least 10.000.  The spores of B. edulis are rather large.

The two other pictures are of Ganoderma applanatum and of Phellinus linteus, both species belong to the family of Polyporaceae ( Bracket fungi) and these are in the order Aphyllophorales. These fungi are often involved in the destruction of wood: Ganoderma applanatum kills trees but Phellinus linteus lives happily in combination with a.o Morus (G: Maulbeerbaum) and can continue to grow for tens of years.

There were also a lot of Cantharels growing this year, they are an edible species in the Aphyllophorales, not woody as Ganoderma and Phellinus, and just as delicious as "Steinpilz".

Enjoy.

Ronald Schulte

Leo,

However it is not my direction in histology, it's an interesting subject. Which knife do you use with the Technovit?
Maybe you have to adjust your white blance a bit! The second and last picture seems to need white balance.

Greetings Ronald
Mikroskope:
Leitz Orthoplan (DL, AL-Fluoreszenz und Diskussionseinrichtung).
Leica/Wild M715 Stereomikroskop.
Mikrotom:
LKB 2218 Historange Rotationsmikrotom.

Peter Reil

Hallo Leo,

schöne Schnitte von Boletus edulis! Von Pilzen sieht man selten gute Schnitte.

Freundliche Grüße
Peter R.

PS: Vielleicht sollte ich es doch auch mal Technovit versuchen....

Meine Arbeitsgeräte: Olympus BHS, Olympus CHK, Olympus SZ 30

liftboy

Hallo in die Runde,

so will ich denn auch einmal die Pilze ehren:

Sporen von Boletus fragrans, ungefärbt in Magnacol

Objektiv Euromex Semiplan 40x,  Lomo Trino 1,1x, Euromex 5Mp Digicam

Grüße
Wolfgang
http://www.mikroskopie-forum.de/index.php?topic=785.msg3654#msg3654
LOMO-Service
Das Erstaunen bleibt unverändert- nur unser Mut wächst, das Erstaunliche zu verstehen.
Niels Bohr

Leo van Griensven

Hallo Ronald,

Technovit Histoblade and it does not make me happy. White balance, I agree. Thanks.

Peter R.,

Thank you for compliment.

Ronald Schulte

Leo,

".......it does not make me happy."

I'm almost sure that I know why you can not cut properly with those knives!

In the past the Histoknives from Kulzer were grinded in the 'D' standard. That was for histological purposes the right cut.
Later on, when I bought the knives, they delivered me knives which were grinded in the 'C' standard. It was not or at least dramatical bad to cut with those knives.
A test with the 'old' and 'new' types of histo knives, with the same block and on the same microtome, made the difference clear. They made the wrong grind standard.
I have often contact with Kulzer and they promise already 1,5 years that the old knives are coming back. They didn't do that till the day of now.

If you want I can give you my contact point to Kulzer so you can complain to them. It is a schame that you have to pay so much money and have a knife system who doesn't work out! (that is my opinion).

Greetings Ronald
Mikroskope:
Mikrotom:

Leo van Griensven

Hallo Ronald,
Please send me the contact and I will complain. By the way, I get much better results when I put the blocks in the freezer for 10 min before cutting. Maybe the contact with the cold block makes the knife stiffer.
I have a technical question for you: how do you get the background of your pictures so clean ?  Apart from having a clean microscope,  setting white balance, using deionized water to prevent crystals, filtering dyes over Millipore 0.2 um, what can be done more ? Is there also software involved ?

Thanks a lot.

Leo

Ronald Schulte

Leo,

I will send you the Kulzer contact information by mail.

To clean the background I have two methodes:
1. with the software of the moticam there is a button where you can flatten the whole image in white light so that there is no 'hot spot' and you can delete fine particles in an different layer as where the coupe is. That is a very helpfull tool to make an image.
2. I pay a lot of attention in embedding, deparaffine, staining with filtered stains et cetera so that there will be no particals in the coupes. If they will be present, and of course sometimes happens that, I simply don't make pictures of it and discard the slide.

Greetings Ronald
Mikroskope:
Mikrotom: