CZJ Polmi A - polarising microscope

Begonnen von Dushan Grujich, September 21, 2014, 22:29:13 NACHMITTAGS

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Dushan Grujich

G'Day again!

As I said in my previous post, I have acquired CZJ POL microscope which I initially thought was Ng stand. There was a bit of a problem identifying accessories as both Ng and Nf stands came equipped with exactly the same polarising accessories. In the end I found that it is CZJ Polmi A stand (I would dare say that it is the Ng stand, just renamed). Images are below, showing the stand itself, before any restoring done on it, although there is no damage to it, and two wooden boxes with the accessories, the vertical illuminator for reflected light and accessories for transmitted light.

Checking against documentation I have discovered that a polariser filter is missing, marked as Nr. 8 on the Vertical illuminator diagram, first image below.

I understand that polarisng filter is mounted onto, or just next to the field diaphragm. Thus, if anyone has the part in question, it would be of great help if he/she could post few images so that I can see construction and exact way of mounting it so that I can make replacement, as I seriously doubt that it can be easily found and purchased. All the other parts seem to be there, including the MF-Camera (Werra with Prontor shutter) and few extras as well.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Dushan

plaenerdd

Hallo Dushan,
issent ist here:
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/plaenerdd/media/PolmiA/CZJPolmiA-VerticalIlluminator.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Gerd

Edit: Sorry I was wrong. It is the "Blendenstellhebel".
Fossilien, Gesteine und Tümpeln mit
Durchlicht: Olympus VANOX mit DIC, Ph, DF und BF; etliche Zeiss-Jena-Geräte,
Auflicht: CZJ "VERTIVAL", Stemi: MBS-10, CZJ SMXX;
Inverses: Willovert mit Ph

Dushan Grujich

G'Day Gerd!

Thanks for the attempt at help.

Since posting my enquiry I have established where the Polariser Filter should be placed. Illustrated at the image of the Nf stand with the same vertical illuminator (image is off eBay).

The only place where the Polariser can be mounted is on the side of the diaphragm assembly, shown at the second image, where it is also visible that the scale is not for the iris but for the polariser, indicating offset from zero in degrees of arc.

The only remaining question is: what would be the most suitable filter material to use in making the Polariser?

I guess that I can easily come up with the mechanical design suitable for holding the filter itself, and in due course I shall indeed make the replacement.

Cheers

Dushan