Wright eyepiece for Ortholux Pol

Begonnen von Peterhenk, Dezember 24, 2021, 13:40:53 NACHMITTAGS

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Peterhenk

Hello forum members,

I am Dutch and my written German is bad! Yet I speak and read German fluently. So please forgive me for using English on this fine forum.

Currently I am winding down my Ortholux collection and there are two particularly interesting items, the famous Heine vario-color and a Wright eyepiece / polariser combo. My question is about the latter. What is it exactly and who made it?

What do I know about this piece? It came with a Ortholux Pol used by a French research institute, it was mounted on a Leitz pol 8x hair cross eyepiece with a nook to assure alignment in the special pol photo tube that allows to use this eyepiece.

The polariser is to be mounted under a Heine or Berek condenser

hugojun

Hello Peterhenk / Henk ? ,

this setup could be the so called Senarmont Compensation kit and it is used to measure Relative Retardations in the range of 0-to 1λ.

More here:
https://www.mccrone.com/mm/senarmont-compensation-how-to-accurately-measuresmall-relative-retardations-0-1/

Happy Christmas
Jürgen

Peterhenk

hugojun

mind you,

the rotating  analyzer could be part of the Condenser-Polarizer system as well,

since the diameter seem to be too small for the straight tube right hand in photo 5.

Jürgen

Peterhenk

This is what it looks like mounted

hugojun

Is it possible to rotate the cap analyzer independent to the slider photo 3 ?

Slider photo 3 should be stationary in the regards to the polarizer in the condenser-system.

If not , it is probably a condenser part.

Can you show photos of the 3 positions of the slider inserted in the "analyzer" taken through the "Analyser"?

Jürgen

Peterhenk

I doubt the analyser is a condenser part as it states 'tubusauszug 8mm'. The part in foto 4 is to be mounted underneath  a condenser