Hauptmenü

mystery object

Begonnen von Rene, Oktober 07, 2010, 11:07:27 VORMITTAG

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Rene

Time for a little quiz, anyone? UV-fluorescence, crop is 50x50um with Olympus 20x/0.7.

Best wishes, Rene.

This topic is also placed on photomacrography.net, as the images are hosted there.

Roderich Römhild

Das sieht für mich aus wie eine Qualle. Bin mir jedoch nicht ganz sicher.

Hugo Halfmann

Hallo Rätseler,

eine Qualle in der Größe 5/100mm, gibts das ??? (Die Frage ist ernst gemeint !)
Ich kenne solche Viecher vom Tauchen, die haben aber Taubenei bis Hühnereigröße und fluoreszieren auch wenn man sie anleuchtet.

Ich tippe auf einen Flagellaten.
Viele Grüße aus dem Bergischen Land

Hugo Halfmann

Jürgen Boschert

Hallo,

eine Diatomee, z.b. Surirella ?

Gruß !

JB
Beste Grüße !

JB

Rene

Hallo Roderich, Hugo,

Eine Qualle ist es nicht, at this scale jelly fish look little like Vorticella buds, but with hairy tufts (one of those in focus at 7 o'clock):

(Olympus 60x/1.4)

The pinky colour I have added myself 8)

Rene

rhamvossen

Hallo Rene,

In de foto links boven zie ik een huidmondje  ;D. Maar dat zal 't vast niet zijn. Gr,

Rolf

reblaus

Hallo -
Nesselkapsel einer Qualle ind "abgeschossenem" Zustand !?
Gruß
Rolf

Jan Kros

Hallo René

Ist es ein Dinoflagellat in fluoreszens
Greetings
Jan

Rene

Indeed, Jan. The fluorescence is due to the optical brightener calcofluor white, which stains the cellulose parts of the dinoflagellate.

Now, this was a difficult one, I admit. With the corresponding brightfield images one should be able to get to genus:

Best wishes, Rene.

Rene

Still no bells ringing?? I pushed it over with my needle, now it should make more sense:

It's the dinoflagellate Dinophysis rotundata from the North Sea, the diatom left to it is Rhizosolenia (=Guinardia) delicatula. Not one of the dinoflagellates that needs fluorescent staining for identification, but I have never had the luck before that it stood exactly on it's 'head' and the fluorescent staining made some details (especially pores) visible.

This is a heterotrophic sp while most other Dinophysis sp are autotrophic. It is a parasite by sucking the contents out of its (living) prey with a straw. Yuk!

Next time better luck guessing,
Rene