Legendrea loyezae - 2026 season summary

Begonnen von Ariel Qassis, September 10, 2026, 08:48:24 VORMITTAG

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Ariel Qassis

Hello,
I'm happy to share my 2-month monitoring of Legendrea loyezae.
This season, I've observed hundreds of specimens and many undocumented behaviours and life-cycle stages.
The PDF contains my insights and links to the relevant chapters in the 83-minute video.
Have fun!
PDF - Legendrea loyezae 2026 season summary


tlansing

Hi Ariel,

Thank you for this excellent compilation of your observations and the pdf summary.  I know this took an immense amount of work and I look forward to continuing to study your findings on this unique ciliate.  Since many observations are novel, have you thought about publishing this in an academic protistology journal?

Best wishes,
Tim

Ariel Qassis

Danke Tim!
Yes, it was very intensive :)
I hope to collaborate with other researchers on it, as Im not an academic, and I dont miss those years.

anne

Dear Ariel,
what a wonderful work!!
My great admiration.
best
anne

Ariel Qassis


GerhardL

Hi Ariel,
Wonderful work.
Thank you for sharing.
BR
Gerhard

Spectrum

A monumental work and a true masterpiece documenting this rarely seen and very (!) challenging species!
I really enjoyed the collaboration and my (small) contribution to this project.
Best regards, Holger
Holger
Duzen und meine Bilder (auch ungefragt)  bearbeiten, mit eigenen Aufnahmen ergänzen und weitergeben erwünscht!

Ariel Qassis