Wahl eines Mikroskops/Choosing a microscope

Begonnen von microbio, November 16, 2013, 22:35:44 NACHMITTAGS

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

microbio

Hello. I am sorry for speaking in English but I can't speak German. I am going to translate this text to German using Google Translate, but I don't know if it will be a good translation. If you can, please answer me in English, but if you can't, no problem, I will use Google Translate again.

I am interested in a cheap but good microscope. Is there any microscope under 200 euros that is not a toy? Preferably one that is available on Amazon.co.uk but, if you have any other suggestions, feel free to make them.
I was thinking about:

- Apex Practitioner
- Bresser Microscope - 5116200 - Biolux NV 20x-1280x
- Bresser Microscope - 5012000 - Duolux 20x-1280x
- Bresser Microscope - 5101000 - Biorit 20x-1280x

What is the best one? I want a microscope with lots of magnification but with good detail. And are there any significative differences between the three Bressers for a microscope newbie? They allow me to see the same, right? Thanks.

PS: If you have a better suggestion in the same price range or for a little bit more, even in another retailer, feel free to make it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hallo. Es tut mir leid für das Sprechen in Englisch, aber ich kann nicht sprechen Deutsch. Ich werde diesen Text in Deutsch mit Google Translate übersetzen, aber ich weiß nicht, ob es eine gute Übersetzung wird. Wenn Sie können, bitte beantworten Sie mir in Englisch, aber wenn man nicht kann, kein Problem, ich werde wieder verwenden Google Translate.

Ich interessiere mich für einen günstigen, aber guten Mikroskop. Gibt es eine Mikroskop unter 200 €, die nicht ein Spielzeug? Vorzugsweise eine, die auf Amazon.co.uk ist aber, wenn Sie irgendwelche anderen Vorschläge haben, fühlen Sie sich frei, um sie zu machen.
Ich war über das Denken:

- Apex Practitioner
- Bresser Mikroskop - 5116200 - Biolux NV 20x-1280x
- Bresser Mikroskop - 5012000 - 20x-1280x Duolux
- Bresser Mikroskop - 5101000 - 20x-1280x Biorit

Was ist die beste? Ich möchte ein Mikroskop mit viel Vergrößerung aber mit guten Details. Und gibt es irgendwelche significative Unterschiede zwischen den drei Bressers für ein Mikroskop Neuling? Sie erlauben mir, die gleiche, oder sehen? Vielen Dank.

PS: Wenn Sie einen besseren Vorschlag in der gleichen Preisklasse oder für ein bisschen mehr haben, auch in einem anderen Einzelhändler, fühlen Sie sich frei, es zu machen.

microbio

What about "Bresser Mikroskop - 5110000 - Erudit MO 20x-1536x" and "Bresser Mikroskop Erudit DLX 40x-1000x" (available at Amazon.DE)? Thanks.

Wilfred Mott

Hello microbio,

welcome to this discussion board!

Regarding your request there is a thread for basic advice about choosing a microscope, it is Mikroskop-Kaufberatung für absolute Anfänger - probably you get a basic idea about the contents if you use google translate.

In short: You won't get a good microscope for 200 Euros - at least if you go for the new ones. Even if you go for used ones it's going to be difficult to obtain a good one for 200 Euro, but it is possible. I haven't read anything about the Apex model, but the Bresser ones are manufactured in China and the exact design changes quite often. Likely you will see basic things, but from what I've read it is likely you will have rather poor lenses and rather poor mechanics which makes real work with this model a pain... But again it depends on the exact charge you get.
It may be sufficient if you don't plan to do anything more than very basic stuff - other than that you run into trouble.

Please also take into account, that board members are expected to introduce themselves in the corresponding area Mikroskopiker im Netz

Kind regards.
Glauben Sie nichts, bis ich es Ihnen beweise. Aber solange ich es Ihnen noch nicht bewiesen habe, müssen Sie mir schon mal glauben!

Gerne per Du.

Bernhard Lebeda

Hi,

as you can imagine, this is a frequently asked question here. Problem is: hardly anybody over here whose judgement would be REALLY reliable has any experience with these little chinese microscopes. This is not to say they are necessarily complete rubbish. It all depends what you are REALLY expecting and this is not easy to define for a beginner. If you by no means can spend any more money I would say such a cheap mic can be your first entrance to the microworld and if you get hooked to it (which is very likely!) there is almost a 100% guarantee you will be aiming for a much better instrument in the very near future  ;).

I think with a cheapo you will get decent image quality up to 400x mag. You have to take into account that not only optics are important, but mechanics and lighting have to be appropiate as well!

You seem to be based in the U.K. Have you contacted this dealer already?:

http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/

and don`t miss their used equippment site:  http://www.usedmicroscopes.co.uk/

They also provide lots of information on what`s important when it comes to purchasing a microscope.

Hope this was a bit helpful, please feel free to put more questions!

Best regards

Bernhard

P.S. I personally have made some excellent deals with U.K ebay sellers. There seem to be a couple of folks that sell used equippment more or less professionally. Generally we are a bit reluctant to recommend ebay to a beginner, but in this price range it might be worth a thought...
Ich bevorzuge das "DU"

Vorstellung