Leitz Ortholux: fine focus problem

Begonnen von Lightsurfer, August 18, 2022, 18:24:29 NACHMITTAGS

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Lightsurfer

I'm doing a clean up on a nice earlier Ortholux stand #399430. I am noticing that the fine focus knobs will only rotate 1 rotation. They move easily, and coarse focus works easily over full travel. I seem to remember reading information some years ago that if this does happen, things can be resynchronized to work correctly by a certain positioning of the fine and coarse knobs. I can't remember the details of the procedure, and am hoping someone here can enlighten me. Thanks, Howard

Diana1982

Dear Howard,

You will find the solution here:

https://www.mikroskopie-forum.de/index.php?topic=37616.15

Regards Diana

Leitz Orthoplan
Leitz Diavert
Leica DMR
Olympus SZX12

www.microscopia.de

Lightsurfer

Thank you Diana, I was hoping not such a "deep dive" into the internals, but did as needed. The internal components are different than those shown in your or Hugo's images. My Ortholux is early 1950s with single lower illumination port. There is instead a thin shaft carrying a spring loaded stop component, not the "L" shaped arm. I was able to work in solvent without pulling the fine focus knobs. This allowed the mechanism to clear and it begin working, so I reassembled. If this works over time, I will disassemble and take images of the components. Thanks again, Howard